Sunday, November 05, 2006

Boyda rally...

I attended the Boyda rally today in Topeka along with about 1000 other people. It was a great time. There were a few speakers prior to Boyda's addressing Veterans' Affairs, labor and education. Also there were workers from the Topeka Goodyear plant who are still on strike after a month. That matters a lot to me as both of grandfathers worked and retired from there. They've both passed away but my grandmother in St. Marys who is a Pott. Co. Democrat still receives benefits from my grandfather's years of service at the plant. She would be directly affected if Goodyear gets its way.
Back to the rally, Nancy did an excellent job and gave a great speech and everyone in the audience was very enthuised. The few polls that have been published about her race and many of the stories in the news have said how close this race is and how it's a toss up.
I forgot to take my camera but I'll link to any stories that write about it. WIBW channel 13 out of Topeka was there and so was WDAF channel 4 out of Kansas City as well so watch the Sunday evening news.
So get out there and vote on Tuesday and just like Nancy says, "Nothing will change until we change Congress."

No comments: